- This is one of only four towers built in London using a top down construction method where the core and crown are built first and then the floors hung from the crown.
- The then CGU Tower was the first building in the City of London to be taller than the height of St Paul's Cathedral.
- Arguably the best example of high quality International architecture in London, this building has never been listed by English Heritage despite repeated attempts by campaigners.
- It has had three name changes in five years. First it was CGNU and then Aviva and is now called St Helen's after the nearby church.
28-11-2016 > 1 Undershaft Wins Approval
03-05-2011 > Former CGU Headquarters Sold
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- Gollins, Melvin and Ward Partnership
- Commercial General Union
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- 1 Undershaft, City of London, London. EC3
- City of London
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in EC3
i Office Limited Fenchurch Street, Fenchurch Street, Fenchurch Street
Prospect Business Centres Leadenhall Street, Leadenhall Street, Fenchurch Street
The Office Group Lloyds Avenue, Lloyds Avenue, Fenchurch Street
Find Other Offices
- Proposal date
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Renovation Date
- Roof Height (AOD)
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Total Floors (O.G)
- Primary Use
- Floorspace (sq m)
- Last Sale Value
- Sale Date
Metres > Feet