- Wembley is the tallest stadium in the world and has the largest covered seating capacity of any stadium.
- Weighing in at a mighty 1,750 tonnes, the Arch weighs the equivalent of 275 double decker buses or ten Jumbo Jets.
- With a span of 315 metres, the Arch is the longest single span roof structure in the world - the length of three football pitches.
- Wembley Stadium contains more toilets than any other building in the world - 2,000.
- The accomodation area of Wembley Stadium is as large as the Stade de France and Telstra Stadium in Australia combined, but cost £192 million less.
- Wembley Stadium sits on the site of the previous Wembley which saw Live Aid, the 1966 world cup final and the Olympics. It also sits on the site of the ill-fated Wembley Park Tower.
- The planning application weighed 14 kilos and contained 3 km of drawings, enough to cover a third of a football pitch if tiled.
13-03-2008 > Metaphorm Win Wembley Masterplan Competition
12-03-2007 > Wembley Finally Finished
01-02-2006 > Whats With Wembley
01-11-2003 > Wembley
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- Foster + Partners
- The Football Association
- Main Contractor
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- Empire Way, Wembley, London. HA9
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in HA9
Iridium Assets Limited Dollis Mill Medical Centre, Chapter Road, Barnet
Bizspace Perivale, Wadsworth Road, Perivale
Dephna Impex Ltd Acton Lane, Acton Lane, Park Royal
Find Other Offices
- Proposal date
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Total Floors (O.G)
- Primary Use
- Floorspace (sq m)
- Car Parking Spaces
- Construction Cost
- Budget Date
Metres > Feet