Also known as The O2
- The Millennium Dome is the largest dome in the world being 365m in diameter.
- It was built on the Greenwich meridian line to celebrate the turn of the Millennium and serve as exhibition space which ran throughout all of 2000.
- The design harks back to the iconic buildings from the Festival of Britain, Skylon on which the pillars are based whilst the dome itself is modelled on the Dome of Discovery.
- Whilst the Millennium Dome is not capable of accomodating the Effiel Tower lying down it would fit in if you took it to bits.
- The Millennium Dome despite being empty since 2000 has become an icon of London thanks to events ranging from the it being the setting of a James Bond film to a daring jewel robbery in 2002.
- The Millennium Dome and the surrounding area have been purchased by Meridian Delta Limited who plan to turn it into an arena and surround it with thouands of new homes, and a hotel.
03-09-2007 > Survey Finds Gherkin Is Ugly
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- The Millennium Commission
- Main Contractor
- Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd
- Structural Engineer
- Buro Happold
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- Millenium Way, Greenwich, London. SE10
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in SE10
&Offices Harbour Exchange, Harbour Exchange, Docklands
Hastingwood Securities The Docklands Business Centre, Tiller Road, Isle of Dogs
St Olav's Court Ltd Evelyn Court, Evelyn Street, Canada Water
Find Other Offices
- Proposal date
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Renovation Date
- Post Modern
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Primary Use
- Secondary Use
- Floorspace (sq m)
- Construction Cost
- Budget Date
Metres > Feet